Our Monaco-based IDE offers several features which make it easier for your candidate to produce quality code during their assessment:
- Syntax highlighting that uses a color scheme adapted to the programming language of a given question. This makes understanding a program’s structure and finding what you’re looking for much easier.
- Automatic completion (i.e. “autocomplete”) to increase coding speed.
- Automatic error diagnostics, displayed as red squiggles under any code with errors.
- Contextual help when you hover over a function. A pop-up window displays the list of parameters, expected return value, and documentation for the function.
- Formatting the document is available through the right-click menu. This produces a standardized code layout that’s easy to read.
- Automatic packages import. Adding a class automatically adds the corresponding import line, ensuring time efficiency for the candidate.