Code together before you work together.
See how developers code, communicate and problem-solve through live pair programming interviews or a take-home project.
Recreate the job in the interview questions
Get a true idea of how the candidate would perform on the job by recreating the challenges they’ll face as interview questions.
Standardize your interviews for fairer hiring with less bias
With CoderPad it’s easy to make interviews consistent so every candidate has the same experience and chance to shine.
A familiar, intuitive code editor
Conduct interviews in 40+ languages and frameworks directly from your browser. You and your candidates will instantly know how to use CoderPad. No fumbling to figure it out.
IDE based on Visual Studio
Familiar code editor with the features you use daily–including ChatGPT!
- Feel at home with features such as auto-indentation, auto-complete and dark mode
- Write, run and debug code in 43+ languages and frameworks
- Create multi-file environments
- Load your files from your desktop or GitHub repo with a simple drag and drop interface
- Prepare interviews with multiple questions and languages to easily switch between them
- Use shell, console and log, npm install packages, readme and more
- See how candidates leverage AI for efficiency using the integrated ChatGPT tab
Hire confidently and minimize bias
Tools to make interviewing easier
- Easily see what the candidate is doing with interactive real-time cursor and highlighting
- Refresh your memory of an interview or get others’ thoughts with code playback feature
- Add video for a more personal touch
- Take private notes during interviews for later discussion with the hiring team
- Feel confident your hiring decisions are based on demonstrated abilities
Technical diagramming, database design, UI/UX mockups
Handy virtual whiteboard for visualizations
- Let candidates diagram or diagram together with sketching feature and text
- Break down problems and draw ideas in an interactive environment
- Add a blank diagram for a candidate to complete
- Display images or reference materials to guide a technical discussion
Go beyond the algorithm
Get creative with questions which evaluate the skills that matter
- Save time with included example questions or use them as an inspiration
- Simulate real job responsibilities – build apps, debug programs, work with API data and more
- Create questions unique to your business with the help of our resources and best practices
- See what your candidate can do, not just what they learned at school
Seamlessly switch between languages
40+ languages and frameworks for full-stack interviews
- Focus on front-end, back-end or combine them for full-stack roles
- Let candidates show what they’re best in with language-agnostic questions
A seamless experience
Integrate CoderPad with the tools you use everyday
- Schedule interviews directly from your Applicant Tracking System (ATS), including Greenhouse, Lever, and SmartRecruiters.
- Add an interview link directly to an event within Google Calendar
- Automate interview scheduling with GoodTime
We’re regularly growing our list of integrations. See the current list and if you have a specific need, let us know.
We are able to hire better, sharper candidates now thanks to CoderPad.
Experience our IDE yourself
See just how easy and intuitive CoderPad Interview is to use below.