✅ Lever’s integration with CoderPad is only available to users with CoderPad plans that support ATS integrations (i.e., Team, Business and Enterprise plans).
The CoderPad integration allows you to create CoderPad live interview sessions or asynchronous take-home tests for candidates to gauge their coding and problem-solving abilities. Readers of this article will be able to:
- Enable the CoderPad integration
- Use the integration to generate coding live interview pad links
- Use the integration to create coding asynchronous take-home pad links
Enabling the CoderPad integration
❗The following setup steps can only be completed by a user with Super Admin access in Lever.
Step 1: Enable webhooks in Lever
Navigate to Lever Account > Integrations and API > Webhooks tab and then select Candidate Stage Change webhooks.
Step 2: Generate an API Key in Lever
Navigate to Lever Account > Integrations and API >API Credentials tab and then scroll down to the Lever API credentials section and select Generate New Key.
You’ll be taken to the Lever API credentials dashboard. Set the company name and click COPY KEY to save it to your clipboard.
Then scroll down to the Permissions section and make sure you Select All/ enable all the permissions for both Read and Write endpoints.
Then click DONE to finish:
Step 3: Connect your Lever account to CoderPad
- Paste your Lever API key into the CoderPad Lever Integration page under the Test Connection section.
- Click Connect.
Now you’re all set to configure your integration!
In this section you will create configurations that use Tags to generate preconfigured pads in Lever.
- Click to “Add Configuration” on the Lever Integration landing page.
- Select the hiring stage you where you’ll use a pad.
- Choose the type of pad you want to generate: Live interview pad or a Take-home asynchronous test pad.
✅Take-Home Tests require selecting a question that will be used in the pad. Using a question for a Live Interview is optional.
- Enter in a tag name and click to Create. This will be the tag you use in Lever to generate a pad link at the respective hiring stage.
- Then you’re ready to copy the tag and use it in Lever. Alternatively, you can create your next configuration and tag by selecting a new hiring stage.
Using the Integration
- When you have a candidate ready for a CoderPad live interview or take-home test, add the Tag to the candidate’s profile and click Yes, Create.
- Then select that tag (A) –or that configuration’s stage (B) — to move the candidate to that stage to automatically generate the pad link (C).
This pad link should be shared with the candidate (and interviewer when appropriate.)