How To Use Example Questions
Kick-start your preparation for technical interviews with CoderPad’s Example Questions. They include over 40 proven questions in 10 of the most commonly used programming languages. CoderPad’s Example Questions cover a variety of relevant core competencies, including parsing through data structures, object orientated concepts and more. They are designed to give you a solid starting point for interview planning – helping you save time creating questions from scratch and improving the effectiveness of your evaluations.
Example Questions Features and Benefits
- Access up to 40+ example questions in 10 languages (depending on your plan size)
- Clone and edit the example questions to make them unique to your company!
- Recruiters can use questions “as-is” to schedule Take Homes
- Solution walk-thrus with guidance on good/better/best answers, giving you the ability to effectively grade different approaches
- Question difficulty rating on 1-10 scale – listed in the question description
Access with Each Plan
- Free/Personal – Not included on this plan – upgrade to access!
- Team – 6 Example Questions
- Business – 40+ Example Questions
- Enterprise – Ask your Customer Success Manager to enable 40+ Example Questions
How To Use Example Questions
- To get started with Example Questions for Live pads, open up the Question Bank in the sidebar navigation menu.
- Once on the Question Bank page, click on the “Examples” tab. From here you can browse through all of the Examples CoderPad has to offer.
Pro Tip: Click on each question to preview its contents and level of difficulty. This makes it easy to browse through each one individually so you can see which questions might be most relevant to your role and interview process. You can also see different language versions of the starting code and solutions here.
- Once you have found a question that fits your needs for a live interview, you have two options: 1) Create a pad directly from the question, OR 2) Clone and create your own question.
- To create a Live pad from the question directly, simply click the “Create Pad with Question” button. From there, a Pad will load with the question imported. You can also switch language versions of the Example within the pad.
- To clone the question and edit your own, click on the “Edit a Copy” button. This will then open a new page that will allow you to edit the contents of the question and once you have prepared everything, click on “Save” and this will save the question to “My Library”.
Pro tip: Each question is available in multiple languages. If you decide to clone and edit the question – you can save a copy in one or more languages. Candidates and interviewers can also change the language at any point during the live interview.
As good practice, we suggest editing the question to make it your own. This will make your questions more effective and also give the candidate a more realistic interview experience. We’ve found that candidates grasp key concepts of questions faster when the context of the interview is related to the company they are interviewing with.
You can also access Example Questions directly in the Live pad environment for quick-use. When in the Live pad environment, select the “Questions” button. This will open up the Question Bank modal where you can either append or replace the contents of the pad with the selected example.
- To get started with Take-Home Example Questions, open up the Take-Homes page.
- Click on the “Examples” tab. This will show you all the Take-Home Examples that you can use directly or take inspiration from by cloning and editing your own version.
Pro Tip: Click on each question to preview its contents and level of difficulty. This makes it easy to browse through each one individually so you can see which questions might be most relevant to your role and interview process.
- Once you have found a question that fits your needs for a Take-Home, you have two options: 1) Create a Take-Home directly from the question, OR 2) Clone and modify the starting code into your own custom question.
- To create a Take-Home from the question directly, simply click the “Create Take-Homes” button. From there, you will be directed to set up Take-Homes using the example question “as-is”.
- To clone the question and edit your own, click the “Edit a Copy” button. This will then open a new page that will allow you to edit the contents of the question.nce you have made changes, click “Save” and this will save the question to “My Library”.
Pro tip: The Examples are available in multiple languages, and you can select a default language to create the pad. The language can also be changed by the candidate. And if you decide to clone and edit the question – you can also select a default language when setting that up.
Please note, Take-Home Examples are not currently available with Test Cases.
CoderPad’s Take-Home Example Questions cover a variety of topics such as string manipulation, setting up API wrappers and more. As mentioned above, some of these Example Questions have Test-cases. This allows you to effectively gauge a candidate’s skill and understanding. When a candidate submits a Take-Home with Test Cases, the results are alongside the pad contents for easy review.
As good practice, we suggest companies clone an example question and make it their own by changing the contents of the question e.g. changing variable names to something more applicable to the company. This makes your interview process more appealing but also more effective. We’ve found that candidates are able to grasp key concepts more easily when questions are tailored to the company they are interviewing with, and ensures the candidate hasn’t seen the question before.