During an interview, CoderPad keeps track of every keystroke of every participant within a pad.
Once the interview has been ended, interviewers can replay the entire interview. This is useful to review a candidate’s solution, write up feedback and also to share the interview session with other teammates.
How to access Playback Mode
There are two ways to view playback in the pad.
1. The pad will automatically transition to Playback Mode once the interviewer clicks End Interview.
2. It’s also available in the Pads List after the interview has been ended:
Using Playback Mode
Playback mode displays a separate track for each participant in the pad to clearly highlight individual code edits and runs.
You can review the playback for each participant by using the “expand arrow” (1) and then selecting the participant (3) for which you’d like to view the playback. The top progress bar (2) represents the progress for the selected participant:
When playback first loads, the top progress bar (2) will display by default the participant with the most code edits.
The track will follow active edits for that participant. Other participants’ edits may show up in the background, but if the active participant is not making any edits, we automatically fast forward through all other edits. To change focus to a different participant’s edits, click on their track to switch.
You can use your mouse to click or drag the slider on any of the progress bars to skip forward or backward in the playback. Alternatively you can use your arrow keys to move forward or backward as well.
Next to the slider for each individual in the pad you’ll see:
- Edits – Equivalent to a couple keystrokes, depending on typing speed.
- Runs – The number of times the participant ran their code to produce output.
Other controls to be aware of:
- Back Button – skips back 5 edits
- Speed Control – can adjust playback speed from 1x-8x
Table of Contents