Select an item from the list:
- Managing tests and candidates
- Pending tests
Managing tests and candidates
To invite a candidate to a test, go to My Tests in the SCREENING menu, and click on the person icon 👤beside the test title.
You can invite candidates in one of two ways:
- Enter in individual candidate details
- Send out a public URL
1. Input candidate details
Input the candidate’s first name, last name, and email address. You can also import a .CSV file with multiple candidates.
Use tags to sort and track candidates. Tags remain invisible to candidates.
You’ll then click on NEXT STEP: EMAIL SETUP to finish setting up the email template that will go out to the candidates with a link to the test.
✅ An API integration to import candidates is available to Enterprise customers.
2. Send out a public URL
ℹ️ This feature is being rolled out to select customers on new CodinGame plans. If you do not have access to this feature and want to discuss the benefits of updating your CodinGame plan, please send a note to [email protected].
Sometimes, inviting candidates individually via email isn’t the most efficient. For example, if you want to:
- Conduct university recruitment sessions, where you don’t know in advance who will take the test
- Have recruiters who do not have access to CodinGame
- Include your test link in your online job posting or social media post
In these cases, you can use a public link, allowing candidates to take a test without an email invitation.
Simply click Get public link and then Enable link. That will produce a URL that you can then send out to candidates.
In your Tests dashboard, tests with a public link will be identified by a link icon:
Similarly, candidates invited via a public link will have the same icon next to their name.
At any time, you can disable the link or generate a new one from the SHARE tab of the test settings.
Select account users to receive reports
Select who receives a copy of the candidate report from your account users.
✅ Users must be set up in the ACCOUNT section and given the relevant access permission by admins. If this hasn’t happened, you may not see this option.
When you’re ready, click NEXT STEP: EMAIL SETUP.
Setup invitation email
✅ The default language depends on the language you set up the test in. If you chose French/Spanish and English, the email automatically shows in English.
Click CUSTOMIZE THIS EMAIL to edit the email.
The system inserts the candidate’s name at the [[NAME]] tag, and the invitation link at the [[LINK]] tag. Do not remove these tags.
When you’re ready, click OK.
The candidate receives an invitation from your company containing the link to start the test.
The candidate’s name appears in the list of candidates who have been invited to this test.
At the top of the candidate list, you can see at a glance which candidates are waiting to be reviewed, as well as which ones you have rejected or passed on to the next step:
Candidates whose tests are no longer in progress will automatically appear in the To review category. From here, you can decide which category a candidate should be moved to.
You can change the status of a candidate in three ways:
1. Simply click on the status icon of a candidate in the list and select an option from the drop-down menu:
2. Click on a candidate to open their report and select the desired status at the bottom of the screen:
3. Select several candidates, open the batch action drop-down menu, then click on Update status:
⚠️ You cannot change the status of a candidate whose test is still ongoing.
Assess invited candidates
To access your candidate list and view their scores, click on the test in My Tests.
Candidates are sorted by their global test score.
If you test them on several technologies, there is a score per technology.
Click on a candidate’s name. A pop out on the right shows information on candidate score and ranking compared to other candidates tested on the same technology and at the same level.
For more information, check out understanding candidate reports.
Pending tests are invited tests not yet taken by a candidate.
To see all pending tests, go to My Tests.
Hover over a test to see the number of invitations and the number of completed tests. If both numbers are the same, there are no pending tests. If the numbers are different, there are pending tests.
To view pending tests, click on the test to see the candidate list:
- If the test is not yet complete or has not started yet, the comparative score will say Pending.
- If the time limit has expired, the status will say Expired.
- If the candidate started the test but stopped while taking it, they have 48 hours to finish it. If they do not finish it within the 48 hours window, the score is based on completed questions and a red exclamation mark notifies you that that test was abandoned by the candidate.
- If the candidate is still within the 48 hours window, the test will be labelled as In progress in the score column.
The Last activity column gives a summary of a candidate’s activity.
Candidates who have not yet started their tests receive a reminder email 3 days and 7 days after the the invitation email is sent.