CoderPad single sign-on (SSO) uses SAML 2.0 for authentication, and we support integration with standard 3rd party SAML providers. As a reminder, any admin on your CoderPad account can configure SSO at https://app.coderpad.io/organization/saml_settings.
To set up your team with Google Workspace SSO, follow the steps below:
Add CoderPad to your Google Admin account
- Visit the left navigation menu of your Google Admin dashboard, select Apps and then select Web and mobile apps.
- Click to Add App then Add custom SAML app.
- On the App details screen, set the app name. We recommend “CoderPad” for clear future reference.
- Then Google provides you with two options. The first is “Download IdP metadata”, which is the option we recommend. To do this, click DOWNLOAD METADATA to download the metadata; it will be downloaded as an XML file.
(If you wish to go with “Option 2”, please see below for details on manual data entry.)
- Then click Continue.
- On the service provider details screen, provide the following details:
- Then set the “Name ID” format to “EMAIL”, and click Continue.
- Finally, click Finish. Then sign into your CoderPad account as an admin.
Enable Google SSO in your CoderPad account
- Visit your CoderPad account SSO settings to upload the XML metadata file you downloaded from Google. (You can only visit this page if you are an admin on a team account.) Note: For Google services you do not need to ingest the Service Provider metadata.
- Then provide the subdomain for your team to log into. We recommend your company name (without spaces). This must match the Start URL you used in Step 6 above.
- Then Save your SSO settings.
We recommend first leaving the “Enforce SSO” checkbox unchecked to test login.
- Upon successful SSO login testing, then check to “Enforce SSO” and click Save again.
Manual Google IdP Metadata Entry
If you choose Google’s “Option 2” to manually copy and paste the IdP metadata into CoderPad, you must convert Google’s SHA-256 fingerprint into a SHA-1 formatted fingerprint.
To do this, copy the entire Certificate from Google, paste it into a conversion service (such as https://www.samltool.com/fingerprint.php) then copy the SHA-1 formatted fingerprint to add to CoderPad.
Once you obtain the formatted fingerprint, you’ll need to add it (C) along with the SSO URL (A) and Entity ID (B) to their respective fields in the Manual entry section of the CoderPad SSO integration.
Then hit Save and you’re done!