Setting Up GSuite Single Sign-On
CoderPad single sign-on (SSO) uses SAML 2.0 for authentication, and we support integration with standard 3rd party SAML providers. As a reminder, any admin on your CoderPad account can configure SSO at https://app.coderpad.io/organization/saml_settings.
To set up your team with GSuite SSO, follow the steps below:
Add CoderPad to your Google Admin account
- Click to “Add App” to then “Add custom SAML app”.
- On the “Add custom SAML app” screen, set the app name. We recommend “CoderPad” for clear future reference.
- Then Google provides you with two options. Click to download IdP metadata. It will be downloaded as an XML file.
(If you wish to go with “Option 2”, please see below for details on manual data entry.)
- Then click to “Continue”.
- On the service provider details screen, provide the following details:
- Then set the “Name ID” format to “EMAIL”, and click to “Continue”.
- Finally, click “Finish”. Then sign into your CoderPad account as an admin.
Enable Google SSO in your CoderPad account
- Visit your CoderPad account SAML settings to upload the XML file you downloaded from Google of your Google IdP Metadata. (You can only visit this page if you are an admin on the team account.)
- Then provide the subdomain for your team to log into. We recommend your company name (without spaces).
- Then “Save” your SSO settings.
We recommend first leaving the “Enforce SSO” checkbox unchecked to test login.
- Upon successful SSO login testing, then check to “Enforce SSO” and click “Save” again.
Manual Google IdP Metadata Entry
Note: If you choose Google’s “Option 2” to manually copy and paste the IdP metadata into CoderPad, you will need to convert the SHA-256 fingerprint into a SHA-1 formatted fingerprint.
To do this, copy the Certificate for conversion on a service (such as https://www.samltool.com/fingerprint.php) then copy the SHA-1 formatted fingerprint for entry within CoderPad.