Take-home projects are independent coding exercises with optional automated test case scoring. This feature allows you to set up a technical question in a coding environment and then send a link to each candidate to complete on their own time.
Find Quality Talent–Faster
Asynchronous candidate work submitted via take-home projects enables you to quickly and effectively evaluate a candidate’s code – in less time than a live interview. That way, you can move quality candidates through the hiring funnel faster and rescue developer/interviewer fatigue.
- One unique link per candidate
- Automated test cases (optional)
- Submission includes final code output, test case results (optional), and playback of candidate’s work session
Some of the best developers simply need a good replication of a work environment and take-home projects give candidates another way to show off their skills. CoderPad’s familiar environment allows you and your candidates to code freely and naturally – with the features you expect to have in your IDE.
- Completed on candidate’s own time
- Ability to set time limits
- Better replication of real world job experience
Cast a Wide Net and Focus on Strong Candidates
CoderPad public take-home projects let you create a single URL that will load a specific question – add this to your Career page, University Recruiting campaign or even send it to a batch of screened candidates.
- Public-facing URL generates a unique submission per candidate
- Automated test case scoring
- Efficiently narrow top-of-funnel while casting a much wider sourcing net
Consistent Assessment of Skills with Test Cases
With test cases, you can establish a consistent, fair evaluation process for every candidate – ensuring that they each receive a level playing field and objectively meet job criteria.
- Compare each candidate against a standard baseline
- Use invisible test cases to reveal if all possible outputs were addressed without prompting
- Allow candidates to better understand the desired solution
- Evaluate each candidate efficiently